girls? ?(8)y Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage
Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" an BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

She's on the right track baby, she was born this way (in an egg).

So Lady Gaga has a new song out called "Born This Way," and a LOT of people are saying it sounds like Madonna's "Express Yourself", while it really doesn't... I mean if you listen to the songs side by side, sure, you will find some similarities - just as you will with any two pop songs.

I mean sue her! She sings the same type of music as Madonna and they have similar voices. That doesn't mean that she is or is trying to copy Madonna. I mean I myself enjoy her music, and if you don't that I respect that, but please have a valid oppinion rather than she is copying Madonna. Because, uh, no... Just let her and her meat dresses be.

So Sunday was a very Gaga day for me (I hate myself for writing that sentence.) Before the Grammys I saw an interview of her on 60 Minutes were she admitted to smoking pot, even though I doubt anyone thought she DIDN'T smoke pot. And then the Grammys came. And she arrived in an egg.

... *sigh*

I'm kinda over Lady Gaga's wierd wardrobe choices, and frankly I have been done with being surprised by them since her meat dress. But an egg? Seriously? Besides that, however, she acted semi-normally. I mean her performance was as close to human as its ever gonna get (even though I liked it) and she didn't wear any animal byproducts, dangerous objects, or bizarre machinery, so in a way I was happy about it.

And as for the Grammy's, they sucked. I mean I'm not gonna stand here and try to tell you I am in any position to tell you anything about music - because I'm not. But to be honest I felt that it wasn't the best Grammy's there have ever been. Starting with the fact that basically it was all a big concert, and there were barely any awards. We all appreciate performances, but um, it's still and award show! Hand out more than five awards, if you will!

And the awards they did hand out were not anything to cheer for (for me.) Lady Antebellum won like five awards (including song of the year and record of the year, maybe? I won't pretend I did my homework on this one,) and while their song Need You Now was pretty, the other nominess would have made me much more enthusiastic towards the show. And what's up with that little banjo band that won Album of the Year? Seriously? They gave the only performance that I genuinly disliked and they won ALBUM OF THE YEAR?
Plus there was Best New Artist, which I think Florence and the Machine should have won, or some of the other nominess, but then comes this little cello girl. I'm sorry, this girl may play the cello very well, and what do I know? Maybe she is amazing, but I'd have prefered for even Justin Bieber to have won. And thats a bold statement right there. Probably the only time I'll ever say it.

I guess that it really comes down to the music, which wasn't really as good this year as it was last year. But whatever. Let the world be. Let the little cello girl have her moment of fame, let Lady Antebellum have their year of glory, let Lady Gaga hatch from her way (she was born this way, baby), let Cee Lo Green dress up as a Brazilian peacock themed backstage dancer and play the piano while giving a duet with Gwenyth Paltrow.

And by the way, Happy Valentine's Day. I'll write about it sometime I have more energy. I hope you bought lots of chocolate for people who won't eat half of them. I hope you know they love you, and that you just wasted half of the money you spent on something that won't be consumed :)

1 people took the time to write a comment:

Rissy said...

lol!
ironic, meat and eggs.

and pshh da biebz performance rocked