girls? ?(8)y Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage
Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" an BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

You just killed it.

Killed what, you ask? The entire franchise.

Join me as I count down the worst sequels of 2009. The bad thing about a bad sequel is that: Firstly, most of the time, if not based on literature, no one asked for it. Secondly, it ruins the entire series. Don't worry, though, I won't include New Moon, although I didn't particularly enjoy it, but it didn't quite reach the 'bad' level, nor did it ruin the Twilight movie series, nor did I 100% regret seeing it. Yes, critics panned it, but screw critics. What kind of person makes a living of looking for defects in movies?

What gave me this idea is that this year I have panned many movies, loved many, and many I had mixed feelings about. I do believe I have talked about HBP, New Moon, Sherlock Holmes, and several others, but I haven't actually made a list. I don't like criticizing movies either, don't get me wrong; it is just that 2009 had many awfully horrid terrible sequels.

5. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
The name, as I had said before, did not entice me to see the movie. But since I liked the first one, I decided I simply had to see it, because it is the kind of movie that is much better in the big screen than on your television set. It did have a lot of new and interesting looking characters. But I wasn't at all surprised when I realized the movie had sucked. Really, I wasn't. The plot had a creative initiative but failed to captivate. Night at the Museum is one of those movies that should have been kept untouched, unchanged, and un-continued. Like Grease. That movie was worth a long round of applause. The sequel was a fail. The same with Night at the Museum. The plot is too unique and specific. The sequel was overkill.

4. Angels and Demons
This sequel, which actually is a prequel, I actually had expectations for. The Da'Vinci Code was very good, though long. When I went to see Night at the Museum 2 for the first time, we actually ended up seeing Angels and Demons; and I would have much rather watched the other one. This is one of those bad movies that are long, which are the worst kind. The plot was completely un-followable, with far too many twists and a requirement of an Einstein type IQ; a problem that I thought was similar to that of The Dark Night. I had to watch it twice to somewhat understand it. And, unlike The Da'Vinci Code, it was VERY unrealistic. Right from the begginig, when we see a sort of nuclear factory and an eyeball on the floor, I knew this. If you haven't watched this one, don't.

3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
I was not a big fan of X-Men; nor am I now. To tell the truth, I haven't watched the first one. I liked the second one after watching it on like ABC or something, and then I went to see the third one at the movie theater. Then I saw the trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I didn't know whether to have expectations for it or not. The movie was a mix of a bunch of clichés, explosions, and fights. It was about as long as Night at the Museum, but boy did it feel longer than that. The beginning was somewhat captivating, but then it went on into another overly-extravagant plot that only a hard core fan can follow. It was like the entire movie was supposed to be three, and that it was crammed all together into a complete overkill. At the same time it is very vague, dark, and lacks the charm of the original X-Men series.

2. The Pink Panther 2
This one I had zero expectations for. I was definitly not going to watch it in theaters, nor pay seven dollars at Blockbuster for it, so I waited until the pay-per-view price was down to three dollars and watched it. It didn't disappoint me, just because I didn't expect anything. Once again, Steve Martin wastes his valuable talent on a movie that was saved from rock bottom by his acting. I kind of enjoyed the first movie, but this one was just plain bad. The plot was... wait a second... plot? What am I saying? What plot? Again, the Pink Panther diamond is stolen, which makes the movie awfully unoriginal. What really saved the first movie from the bad level was Beyonce, but sadly, Britney Spears wasn't here to save this one. A lot of people trip, a lot of stuff gets broken, and a lot of words are mispronounced: but all it leads to is a reel of lame gags.

1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Oh yes, Michael Bay, I am REALLY going to add insult to injury to this one, because not only was it a disgrace to the first movie, but it made me spend twelve dollars when I could have just started banging a bunch of cooking pans together and have gotten the same outcome for free. It was the perfect recipe for disaster: bad, complicated, long, and noisy. And I REALLY had high expectations for this one after its prequel. After twenty minutes I just wanted it to end. The plot here really was un-followable, and half of it was explosions.  Yes, the special effects were good, but you need more than that to make a good movie, Michael Bay. The worst thing about it was the never-ending noise; it was torture. Megan Fox acted horridly badly, and in every scene had perfect make up and high heels on. And forgive me, but I have to pan the plot again. It was very, very, very complicated. The movie was very, very, very long. The special effects were very, very, very obnoxious. The noise was very, very, very excruciating. The outcome was very, very, very bad.

Needless to say I won't be watching Transformers 3 in 2011.

-Wolfie

3 people took the time to write a comment:

Sharkie said...

Hey,night at the museum was ok, and i did 100% regret seeing it and thought that it was really bad. But that may be just because i really hate Twilight. You should google "Nightlight" it's Twilight's spoof book, and i really want it.

Anonymous said...

Breaking Dawn was a literature disappointment. it was like a really bad fanfic.

Sharkie said...

I TOTALY AGREE! I don't get why she even wrote it, I mean it really wasn't a good ending. And I am NOT saying that I liked the rest of the books, I just really didn't like Breaking Dawn....